A. General Statement and Rules
- Fieldstead & Company, Inc. (“Fieldstead”) has established howardahmansonjr.com (the “Web Site”) to express Howard Ahmanson’s views and opinions on various subjects that are of interest to him. Thoughtful people with similar interests are invited to respond and comment on the Web Site.
- In connection with your use of the Web Site, you are required to comply with all applicable laws and such further limitations as may be set forth in any notice from Fieldstead.
B. Web Site Postings
- The contents of the Web Site are intended for personal noncommercial use and you may copy or download the contents of the Web Site for such use only. Copying or storing any copyrighted material from the Web Site for other than personal noncommercial use is prohibited unless the permission of the copyright holder is obtained in advance.
- Fieldstead is not responsible for Web Site content provided by third parties, including, without limitation, commentary, reporting or other Web Site content provided by guest authors (who may be identified as “Guest Blogger” or other similar designation).
C. User Comments
- No defamatory, obscene or illegal material is to be published on the Web Site.
- Be vigorous in your dissent, but don’t make ad hominem attacks on others, engage in hate speech, or use language that is pornographic, defamatory, profane, threatening, abusive, racially or ethnically objectionable or which violates the privacy rights of others.
- No ads or other commercial material is to be posted on the Web Site.
- You must not copy, post or otherwise make available on the Web Site any material that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of such right. You are responsible for determining whether the material you post is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right and for respecting all such rights.
- You are responsible for liability for harm caused by your postings, including, without limitation, defamation and copyright infringement.
- You grant Fieldstead a perpetual, nonexclusive, world-wide, royalty free, sub-licensable license to any content posted by you, which includes without limitation the right for Fieldstead or any third party Fieldstead designates, to use, copy, transmit, excerpt, publish, distribute, publicly display, create derivative works of, host, index, cache, tag, encode, modify and adapt in any form or media now known or hereinafter developed, any content posted by you on or to the Web Site or any other web site owned by Fieldstead. You agree that any postings that you make may be edited, published, or deleted by Fieldstead, and you waive any rights you may have to prevent any such editing, publication or deletions.
- You understand that the Internet is public and email communications between you and Fieldstead through the Web Site will be viewed by other people.
D. Creative Commons License
Material contained on the Web Site, including information posted by you, is published under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike License.
E. Copyright Agent
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been used on the Web Site without authorization in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify our copyright agent (designated pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)) either by mail to [Copyright Agent, c/o Fieldstead & Company, Inc., P.O. Box 19599, Irvine, CA 92623, or by email to [email protected]] Any notice of alleged copyright infringement must contain the following information:
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement identifying the copyrighted work or works that you claim has or have been infringed;
- A statement identifying the posting or other location on the Web Site that contains the allegedly infringing material;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the allegedly infringing use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
F. Access to Other Sites
The Web Site may contain links to other sites on the Internet. Fieldstead is not responsible for the content on any other such sites.
G. Disclaimer of Fieldstead Warranties
- All content on the Web Site is provided to YOU on an “as is,” “as available” basis, without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not LIMITED to warranties of title, of non-infringement, or of fitness for a particular purpose. Fieldstead makes no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any content on the Web Site. Fieldstead has no obligation to update any content that appears on the Web Site. Fieldstead makes no representations or warranties that the use of the Web Site will be error-free or uninterrupted.
- Fieldstead disclaims any liability for any direct, incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of or in any way connected to the use of the Web Site. Fieldstead disclaims any responsibility for delays or mistakes in transmission of any material transmitted to or from the Web Site, for viruses, or for unauthorized access to the Web Site, whether caused by Fieldstead’s or another party’s negligence, acts of God or intentional acts.
- Fieldstead specifically disclaims liability arising from any material posted to the Web Site by a third party, including but not limited to any material which may be deemed to be libelous, defamatory, profane, in violation of another person’s privacy, or otherwise offensive. Fieldstead does not undertake to monitor the content of third party’s postings to the Web Site, although it does reserve the right to remove or edit content that it deems unacceptable or inappropriate for any reason for inclusion on the Web Site.
H. User’s Representations and Warranties.